Mugwhys Vintage: My Favourite Treasures this week are......

Old Eagle Heights

Old Eagle Heights

27 July, 2012

My Favourite Treasures this week are......

Another great week for finding treasures.  Lately I have been finding some really good stuff, so good I can't bear to part with anything, just as with all these items, I'm keeping the lot.  I don't seem to be able to get rid of anything, not that I'm complaining, it's just that it's starting to get cluttered ....... again.
One of these items I paid more than I normally would for something, preferring to wait until I find the item at a garage sale or in an op/thrift shop, can you guess which item I paid $30 for, which is almost double what I paid for everything else put together.

What a bounty.


In great shape and the perfect place to keep my bread making ingredients.

Just love the shape, colour, pattern and crazing, I just love it, it's about a 4-6 cup size, perfect.


What a lovely cup and saucer, so dainty.

My new herbal tea, teapot and cup. Perfect!!!!!! Now to find a good book.

You can never have enough vases, especially coloured glass ones.

No markings, but my guess 1950's, Japanese maybe. Just lovely, the colours are lovely and bright.


She's stamped Japan on the base so my guess from the 1960's and she is just sooooooo cute.  Reminds me of a Beatrice Potter's charater.  Just adorable.

Another tea towel I hear you say, but this one is special, it is a tea towel piece of art.  It is just amazing, I think I might have to frame this one.  It is number 966 (I think)/1000.  Made by Third Drawer Down (what a great name).


I'm off to have a cup of tea from my new tea pot using my new tea cup. Enjoy you week-end and be safe.

Linking with Blog Party Here and with Sophie at Her Library Adventures for her Flea Market Finds link up

5 comments:

  1. Fun finds - really like the Third Drawer Down tea towel. Does the signature in the last box say Hildi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the tea towel is also my favourite. I can't quite make out the signature, I'm going to have to research that one.

      Delete
  2. I do love that tea towel. That is something I never think to look for and never find by accident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also collect table cloths and the two always seem to be located close to each other in thrift shops. I get attracted to the colours and they normally cost 50c to $1.00 at most.

      Delete
  3. Great finds. I love the tea pot. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you. Mugwhy