Mugwhys Vintage: Phew the Pew made it to the verandah..... at last.

Old Eagle Heights

Old Eagle Heights

18 June, 2012

Phew the Pew made it to the verandah..... at last.

The Pew (as mentioned previously here) made it to the verandah, yey!  All I did was wipe it down with warm water and it has come up a treat.  Over the past few weeks we have been doing a bit of decorating and re-arranging on the verandah.  We are supposed to be down sizing and getting rid of stuff seeing that we will be moving, but when we (more so me really, not we) are out and about I just can't help myself when I see something that I like, want and maybe at a push even need, home it comes.




I'm not sure about the hessan cushions, they are the ones I showed you here.  I think I prefer them in their original spot, on the day bed.





Most of these old bottles I found on the property at old burn piles.  For every one bottle I found there must have been 20 or more broken ones.




The container on the left hides our empty glass drink (yes you know it, alcohol) bottles and the container on the right holds the rinsed empty plastic containers and tins all ready to recycle at the local tip, as we don't have rubbish collection here.

8 comments:

  1. Love your old bottle collection. The pew looks perfect on the veranda. Can't believe you got it for $50. Great buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm sooooooooooooooo happy with the pew, I just keep sitting on it and admiring it. I can't believe I finally got one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one FABULOUS pew!! Love all you've done on your veranda. So inviting!
    I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I found out yesterday that the pew was original to the local Methodist Church (now Anglican Church)of Coomera from around the turn of the century. Just popped by your blog and am now a follower, we have very similar tastes.

      Delete
  4. The pew is wonderful and it looks great on your pretty verandah. Thanks for joining the Open House party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so great on your verandah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The church pew looks like an absolutely perfect fit sitting there in your verandah! I wonder what kind of wood the church pew is mode of. Having it there on your verandah, exposed to different weather can have an effect on its lifespan. The rains can have a significant effect on the wood if it seeps inside and causes the wood to warp and soften. By the way, I love the décor you have around the place! The house feels like a vacation home!



    @Earnestine Kettering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Earnestine for your kind words. I have actually been concerned about how the weather might effect the pew so several weeks ago purchased some natural wood wax that the manufacturer's guarantee (we'll see) to help preserve it. I would be sooooooo upset if I were responsible for it getting damaged before I find somewhere inside for it. Living in sub-tropics we spend alot of time, all year round, on the verandah so it is actually like another room. We often thought we could start a Bed and Breakfast here, being so close to the beaches, hinterland and theme parks.

      Delete

I look forward to hearing from you. Mugwhy