Mugwhys Vintage: And yet another collection, or two, this time the bathroom

Old Eagle Heights

Old Eagle Heights

07 March, 2012

And yet another collection, or two, this time the bathroom

As I am always buying new old things, my collections continuously evolve, grow and change.  Some of the pieces I have in the bathroom I've had for over 25 years, while others I've had for only a few months.  The theme is always the same though, as if you couldn't tell, the bathrooms theme is nautical/ocean.  My collections include shells, tall ships, shaving mugs, ocean  mammals etc.  I tend to collect only a few items, normally less than 10 of the same type except things like shells.  That way I'm not restricted in my shopping.  I don't have to always buy dolphins for example.

The Tall Ship on the bottom left of the wall shelf is musical.
You wind a key and the ship moves up and down as if on waves and it plays a tune.


The aluminium Tall Ship plaque on the wall is actually a front door plaque.  I bought it off Ebay for a couple of dollars.

We have collected all the shells, even the ones in the shadow box on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Mugwhy